Please Add New Categories

Please Add New Categories

Congrats on the new forum, Joe! I like it. Just like Omni!

Please add new categories for:

Working With OmniFocus (your book)

Introduce Yourself

General Productivity

Thanks!

(Joe Buhlig) #2

Thanks, @anamorph.

You can use #omnifocus for Working with OmniFocus.

I can understand General Productivity. You can find the new one here: #productivity

For introductions, I don’t know how much use it would serve. It’s one that I’ve considered but I can’t say that I’ve ever seen much use for that type of category. Would you (or someone else) be willing to make the case for it?

I suggested it because I’ve seen it in a lot of forums, and it seems to help users be more social.

If you don’t find that useful, don’t bother with it.

(Joe Buhlig) #4

I’d be open to trying it. But I think it would benefit from having a templated topic for the introductions. I’m thinking something along the lines of MacSparky’s home screen posts. Any ideas for what those should be?

Maybe you should wait to see if anyone else asks, or if someone starts a thread that shows the same impulse.

(Alexandre) #6

Hello @joebuhlig and @anamorph,

I was never a big fan of the introductions post, mainly because it was one I stopped following immediately so as to stop the notifications.
I think if all users fill out their profile page does the same thing, no?

(Joe Buhlig) #7

I think that’s why I’m hesitant to create it. I’ve always done the same thing. But I could see it being a fun thing if there are a series of questions that help all us learn tips and tricks in some way. But right now I’m torn on it.