Navigating Suggested Next Steps

Navigating Suggested Next Steps

(Justin DiRose) #1

We recently implemented a suggested next steps box at the top of the Guild. This is designed to help new members have an idea of what to do next to stay engaged with the community.

Here is a summary of what those steps are:

Stage 1:

• Create an account
  • Complete GuildBot lesson (disabled for now because some accounts are old enough not to have gotten this when they were created)
  • Post one reply to any topic

Stage 2:

• Create a new topic anywhere
  • Reply to 10 topics
  • Ask for help – create a topic in the Ask for Help category

Stage 3:

• Create 5 new topics
  • Reply to 25 topics
  • Get a Pro membership

The progress bar on the left calculates based upon the stages completed vs. individual items.

Please feel free to post any suggestions for improvement of this feature below!

I already have one to remove the stats on mobile, and that will be first on my list.

(Rosario Canino) #2

Thanks

Rosario Canino

(Andy Cerier) #3

How about turning it off completely for paid accounts?

(Justin DiRose) #4

I had that thought too. I’ll make this happen.

Update: this has been implemented.

(Michael Porter) #5

Nice guide, thank you.

(G S) #6

As a relative newcomer to the productivity sphere, I’m here to read only, as at the moment I don’t feel advanced enough to add anything of use. If I don’t complete the Next Steps, will my account be suspended/deleted?

(Justin DiRose) #7

Of course not! It’s only a suggestion if you’re looking for more ways to get involved.

Also I’m sure you have something to contribute, if even a question. We’re a pretty friendly bunch so jump in whenever you feel ready!

(Wilson Ng) #8

Welcome to the Guild! Newcomers can ask questions to start a conversation or explore a topic. We’re all here to learn from each and give ideas that you can take and experiment on. No one is an “expert” in productivity or anything else. Many of us are on the same road. If one person can lend a helping hand to the other, it makes a world of difference!

You can post your questions here when you are ready to ask. Hope to hear from you soon.

(Johnwin) #9

This guide is very welcome and very useful. Thanks

(Libby) #10

I’ve just signed up and I’m getting the Guildbot thing. I can’t seem to stop it from sending me messages - I’ve archived it three times but it keeps reappearing and sending me notifications. I can’t even complete the tasks as I’m on mobile and some of the characters aren’t appearing properly so I can’t see what it’s telling me to do - plus I’m sorry but posting Wikipedia links to a bot isn’t a productive or enjoyable use of my time. I was just hoping to post in the forum - is there any way to make it stop?! Thanks!

(Libby) #11

I joined this site 25 minutes ago. I replied to the bot once and now it won’t stop messaging me, even though I keep archiving the messages.

It has just sent its fifth message which says:

Hey @Libby, just checking in because I haven’t heard from you in a while.

• To continue, reply to me any time.
  • If you’d like to skip this step, say skip .
  • To start over, say start new user .

If you’d rather not, that’s OK too. I’m a robot. You won’t hurt my feelings. :sob:

Just to reiterate, I just joined this site 25 minutes ago!!! I’ve archived the conversation three times and it won’t stop messaging me. Good luck with what seems like a great site, unfortunately this nagging bot is far too offputting.

(Libby) #12

I’ve also had three notifications about things I’ve earned. That’s eight notifications in 25 minutes when I just want to browse the site. Please review your new user experience as it is completely offputting. Bye.

(Justin DiRose) #13

Libby, I’m sorry that’s happening. Totally not normal behavior. Let me check what’s going on and try to stop it for you.

(Justin DiRose) #14