Navigating Suggested Next Steps

Navigating Suggested Next Steps

(Justin DiRose) #1

We recently implemented a suggested next steps box at the top of the Guild. This is designed to help new members have an idea of what to do next to stay engaged with the community.

Here is a summary of what those steps are:

Stage 1:

• Create an account
  • Complete GuildBot lesson (disabled for now because some accounts are old enough not to have gotten this when they were created)
  • Post one reply to any topic

Stage 2:

• Create a new topic anywhere
  • Reply to 10 topics
  • Ask for help – create a topic in the Ask for Help category

Stage 3:

• Create 5 new topics
  • Reply to 25 topics
  • Get a Pro membership

The progress bar on the left calculates based upon the stages completed vs. individual items.

Please feel free to post any suggestions for improvement of this feature below!

I already have one to remove the stats on mobile, and that will be first on my list.

(Rosario Canino) #2

Thanks

Rosario Canino

(Andy Cerier) #3

How about turning it off completely for paid accounts?

(Justin DiRose) #4

I had that thought too. I’ll make this happen.

Update: this has been implemented.

(Michael Porter) #5

Nice guide, thank you.

(G S) #6

As a relative newcomer to the productivity sphere, I’m here to read only, as at the moment I don’t feel advanced enough to add anything of use. If I don’t complete the Next Steps, will my account be suspended/deleted?

(Justin DiRose) #7

Of course not! It’s only a suggestion if you’re looking for more ways to get involved.

Also I’m sure you have something to contribute, if even a question. We’re a pretty friendly bunch so jump in whenever you feel ready!

(Wilson Ng) #8

Welcome to the Guild! Newcomers can ask questions to start a conversation or explore a topic. We’re all here to learn from each and give ideas that you can take and experiment on. No one is an “expert” in productivity or anything else. Many of us are on the same road. If one person can lend a helping hand to the other, it makes a world of difference!

You can post your questions here when you are ready to ask. Hope to hear from you soon.

(Johnwin) #9

This guide is very welcome and very useful. Thanks

(Justin DiRose) #16

Hi folks –

I did some rejiggering on the Suggested Next Steps and re-launched it per some community feedback.

The suggested next steps will hide when:

• The steps are completed, or
  • You hit Trust Level 2, or
  • You are a Pro member

The steps are as follows:

• Like 3 Posts
  • Post a topic under the #introductions category
  • Like 25 Posts
  • Reply to 10 Topics
  • Post a topic under #ask-for-help
  • Create 5 new topics
  • Reply to 25 topics
  • Like 75 posts

The whole idea of having these next steps is to help our newer members engage with our community in meaningful ways.

Have fun and keep helping one another!