Introductions

Introductions

(lfmoliveira) #1

Tell us who you are and what you do.

Hello, I’m Luis Fernando and I’m a freelancing as a corp communications consultant

How did you first get into the productivity world?

I go back to Merlin Mann and the 43 Folders blog (don’t we all?)

How did you find the Guild?

The Creating Flow with Omnifocus newsletter mentioned it

What’s one thing you’ve learned that has impacted you most?

Write it down.

(Justin DiRose) #2

Welcome @lfmoliveira!

There seems to be a lot of Merlin love around here. :smiley:

What kind of work does this involve? Marketing? Internal communications?

(lfmoliveira) #3

What kind of work does this involve? Marketing? Internal communications?

Investor relations, or communicating with the current and potential investors of a publicly listed company.

(Wilson Ng) #4

The book is just so rich and full of different concepts.Was there a favorite section chapter that you were excited in exploring? Create a post about something that sparked you or a chapter that intrigues you but wasn’t sure how to start it. We’re all learning together!

That’s what I’ve seen a lot of people miss. They don’t write it down or capture it. If I ask someone, they might give me the answer “don’t worry, I’ll remember.” I roll my eyes and make an inbox item in my task manager to “remind” them in the future about something. I never trusted my brain to remember anything.

If the other person doesn’t write it down, it gives me a small red flag that I take heed. I question whether this is the right person to trust a task with or I have to do more hand-holding with them in the future.

If there was any one lesson I’d consistently teach my kids, it’s “write it down.”

Thanks!

(lfmoliveira) #5

Actually, I just got it, @wilsonng, at the same time I got Omnifocus 3. But everyone I know and follow seems to like it, so… I will get back to you soon on that.

Yeah, and “write it down” got so much easier with voice assistants and all. It just a matter of talking to your phone and setting up a reminder. If anything, it might have gotten too easy and I have to be careful to make sure that I can remember what I “wrote”/captured later on.