Hi, i'm @gtdandy

Hi, i'm @gtdandy

Tell us who you are and what you do.

My name is Andy Cerier. I am 62 years old. A few years ago I took early retirement from a career in software engineering. Over the years I climbed the ranks from Software Engineer to Director of Software Engineering Process.

I live just outside Boston in a small house with my husband and our golden retriever. My husband and I have been together for over 30 years.

How did you first get into the productivity world?

Many years ago I attended a “Seven Habits of Highly Effective People” seminar. A few years later I discovered David Allen’s GTD seminar, which I attended at least 3 times over the years.

At work, I found David Allen’s dictum “the better you get, the better you better get” to be true. With GTD I was able to successfully manage more work. My bosses took notice and said “hey, Andy is getting more done. Let’s give him more work!”

How did you find the Guild?

I do not remember. I’ve been a fan for a long time and was a Pro user for a while until distractions kept me from spending enough time in the Guild.

But I keep coming back to the Productivity Guild. This is the only forum I’ve found that is reasonably software-tool agnostic, and where you can learn from some very smart people.

What’s one thing you’ve learned that has impacted you most?

Tweaking my trusted system is more fun than doing actual work. :wink:

2 Likes

Yay for Boston/MA residents!

1 Like

Official welcome to you @gtdandy! Thanks for hanging around here previously but formally introducing yourself now.

Ah yes the law of the workplace – the better you are, the more you get to do. And when you hit the breakpoint of having actually more than you can do, you get direct reports to delegate to…

I’m glad you find this a helpful place. I’m glad to see you find the Guild tool-agnostic, which is 100% my hope. I like how we get to chat about how to live better lives through intentionality using our own favorite tools.

Ain’t that the truth sometimes. :crazy_face: