Hi, I'm Dan

Hi, I'm Dan

(Despotes) #1

Tell us who you are and what you do.

I’m an attorney in Louisville, Kentucky. I’m the only Mac user in an all-PC firm, and I’m trying to make the switch over to doing most of my work on an iPad Pro. I’ve switched between OmniFocus and Things four times over the past year, so I’m obviously still looking for help finding the right tool and a right setup.

How did you first get into the productivity world?

43Folders turned me on to GTD back in the early aughts.

How did you find the Guild?

Through the link in Kourosh Dini’s email.

What’s one thing you’ve learned that has impacted you most?

That a working but incomplete system is better than chasing the dragon.

(Wilson Ng) #2

I hope you find a workflow that works for you. It’s not so much about the app but the workflow that may need work. Once you develop a workable workflow, it should be able to fit almost any tool. I’ve found that I flipped back and forth between task managers because I didn’t really have a series of repeatable workflows for me. Once I got my workflow going, life got a little bit easier. I saw that switching between task apps wouldn’t be able to disguise the flaws in my workflow. I was just distracted by the shiny new app that just came out (Things 3 or OmniFocus 3).

+1

I hope you’ll be able to share some of your adventures and discoveries here at the Guild. We’d love to discuss about things that interest us!

(Justin DiRose) #3

Welcome @despotes!

This is a great place to explore this exact question. If you want, feel free to start a topic in #digital-tools to ask questions and process it out with us.