Hi from Moscow

Hi from Moscow

(Ilya) #1

Tell us who you are and what you do.

A person who is striving to become a better version of myself each day. And an operations manager at work.

How did you first get into the productivity world?

I think it was a Tony Robbins that book got me hooked on self-development. Once I got inspired, GTD gave me a structure to start my productivity journey from.

How did you find the Guild?

Long-time listener of MPU podcast that somehow led to Joe’s website, Bookworm podcast…

What’s one thing you’ve learned that has impacted you most?

Systems and checklists are great to tweak the routines

(Wilson Ng) #2

Welcome to the Guild!

This is a life long journey. We hope you’ll take us with you on your journey.

Which book was this? I’ve seen Tony Robbins on the internet but didn’t get into him yet. Were there any particular Tony Robbins books that rung true for you? If you can, put up a short post and a few thoughts about what you’ve read in #books section.

Are there any systems, checklists, or routines that you’d like to share? Sometimes we need a reminder to restart a routine, system, or checklist that we put aside after a while.

(Ilya) #3

Thanks, Wilson, it was “Awaken the giant within”. I wouldn’t call it a masterpiece but it did its trick on my yet teenage brain :slight_smile: It got me curious and inspired. I was lacking confidence and the book gave me the boost. The past doesn’t equal the future and I’m responsible for what my life would be like.

As for systems, blocking 30 mins at the end of the working day to “shut down” and plan the coming day is the recent addition. And this simple checklist of 3 steps - processing inboxes, choosing personal tasks for the afternoon and most important tasks for tomorrow is extremely helpful to stay sane.