Has anyone tried the Full Focus Planner?

Has anyone tried the Full Focus Planner?

I really like the look of some of the pages in this, but it seems quite expensive for a planner - especially as its not a whole year.

Has anyone tried it out? Would you recommend it?

(Wilson Ng) #2

If the returns outweigh the price of the planner, then it will for itself. If you’re not sure, you can view the screenshots of the pages, create your own template in a drawing app and try it out for a couple of weeks.

This is a great planner if you’re still formulating your own personal productivity workflow and need some guidance. I’ve bought a few different planners just to see its workflow and feel it out for a few weeks. You might just adopt this workflow and it will pay off in dividends.

I’ve bought a few to try out their workflows. I’ve tried them out for a few weeks and then give them away to friends who might find it better suited for them. I’ve carried some of the workflows with me to OmniFocus by creating a hybrid using the notebook plus OmniFocus.

I know I have that same idea about “too expensive” sometimes. But I like the Asian Efficiency mantra about the “minimalist” life. Instead of buying a bunch of cheap tools (or notebooks in this case), buy one nice expensive one that will show itself in its quality and workmanship. OmniFocus Pro for everybody is $80 when you buy the Pro versions of the iOS and Mac product. But it has certainly paid itself off ten-times over for me.

(Joe Buhlig) #3

For reference:

I have to admit that I’ve become numb to planners of this nature. It may be my lack of commitment to their structure or possibly my tendency to break their rules, but I much prefer the freedom of a simple dot grid page and no set direction.

But then again, maybe this is why I struggle with procrastination? :thinking:

(Wilson Ng) #4

I’ve found that a structured planner is great when a beginner needs some guidance. Creating a workflow takes time. I’ve looked at various planners such as the Full Focus Planner and tried to find the ideas behind it. Sometimes I just don’t get it immediately. But after seeing enough of these planners, I got the basic idea and tried to take different bits and pieces from here and there.

When I was ready, I was able to go to a free form planner.

I think I’ve seen it with OmniFocus as well. OF’s flexibility was its greatest strength and also its greatest weakness. Things 2’s simplicity and rigid structure allowed me to learn the basics of a task manager. When I felt stifled, I went to OmniFocus. It took a long time to come up with my own custom perspectives and a workflow that fits me. Most of that experiment is documented in the Productivity Guild threads that I post. My next post will be an experiment in that Today perspective that I’ve come to love/hate so much. That should be coming soon.

But I encourage folks to try out different workflows like J.D. Meier’s Agile Results, David Allen’s GTD, Mark Forster’s AutoFocus, and whatever systems are out there. I remembered my first Franklin-Covey Day Planner during my college years and have experimented over the years.

I also like the free form dot grid journals now. But it would be useless if I didn’t go through the journey. Setting the foundation was important. After getting the foundation, I was able to go free form paper planning.

(Josh Rensch) #5

I use a dot grid journal as well. I do build a setup in it, my own structure that I setup each month, similar to Bullet Journal.

(Joe Buhlig) #6

Dot grid person here as well. It just feels clean and yet gives me just enough structure to allow me to create my own. :hugs:

(Justin DiRose) #7

+3 for the dot grid, though I use mine more as a traditional journal than full on Bullet Journal.