Do you Manually Backup OmniFocus?

Do you Manually Backup OmniFocus?

Does anyone manually backup their OmniFocus document/database? By that, I mean going to File > Export > File Format set to Backup Document (OmniFocus).

Just wondering as I’ve been a bit more backup conscientious lately after I found an issue in another app that I was luckily able to recover data from Arq Backup. Nevertheless, I was a little worried about other apps I rely on the developers to run backups, such as OmniFocus. That said I’ve never had an issue with losing OmniFocus data so I might just be going overboard, but just wanted to check with everyone to see if they backup their OmniFocus data manually.

(Justin DiRose) #2

I personally don’t manually back it up. Backblaze and Time Machine handle that for me.

It’s probably not a bad idea to pull a manual backup every once and a while though.

(Wilson Ng) #3

OmniFocus will do a daily backup automatically. It also creates a backup every time you quit the app. I think it’s set to keep the last 100 backup files. They’re all saved in the backup folder that can be found easily,

I’ve never had reason (knock on wood) to do a manual backup yet. But it’s nice to have the option to do a manual backup.